Insulating your water pipes can bring many benefits, including expanding the lifespan of your pipes and joints, reducing noise, and so much more! Let’s go through the top 5 reasons you should insulate your pipes.
- Prevent heat loss from pipes between water heater and faucets. As water travels down your pipes, it loses temperature. Insulating your pipes will slow this process down so you have water coming at the right temperature always!
- Keep pipes from freezing in winter. Freezing temperatures can case pipes to freeze and burst. Insulate your pipes and protect them!
- Prevents burns when hot water pipes are exposed. In many homes, there are places where the pipes are exposed. You can’t tell hot from cold just by looking at them, so insulating your hot water pipes can prevent unexpected burns and injuries.
- Save and decrease your energy bill. As water has to be heated and reheated, this cost more energy. Insulate your pipes to keep your water to temperature and use less energy!
- Reduce condensation and expansion/contraction of pipes. Condensation can cause damage to other parts of your home, and when your pipes expand and contract according to the temperature, this will do the same to the joints, and weaken them over time. Insulating your pipes will prevent this from happening.
Insulating pipes does more for your home than you think, and it’s a great way for some preventative maintenance to take place. While we don’t have extremely cold climates here In Texas like some other places, you can always remove insulation, but you can’t add more after a hard freeze and the pipes already burst.
Give us a call today for a free same-day estimate in the Houston, Austin, or Dallas area.